Cat Dermatologist Serving Broward & Palm Beach Counties
- Meows & Purrs Feline Hospital can treat many common cat skin issues for a clients’ pets.
- When your pet has skin issues, getting treatment from a highly rated veterinarian serving Broward & Palm Beach Counties is the best way to help your fur baby.
- Dr. Erica Unz is an experienced veterinarian who can handle virtually any feline skin issue.
- We keep your pet feeling safe and comfortable throughout their entire appointment.
A Veterinary Dermatologist Can Help
A veterinary dermatologist is a veterinarian that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of animal skin, nail, hair, hood, and mouth disorders. When humans have skin-related issues, they may seek help from a dermatologist. Pets can also benefit from seeing a specialist.
Just like humans, pets can suffer from allergies, ear infections, skin conditions and other related issues. We can provide treatment for skin, hair, nail and ear problems in pets. Allergies are often the underlying cause of these problems. Don’t let your pet suffer too long. Call us today at (305) 505-6369 for an appointment.
Common Skin Conditions in Cats
- Allergies to Seasonal Pollen
- Allergies to Flea Bites (Flea Dermatitis)
- Allergies to Parasites (Lice, Mites)
- Ringworm or Other Fungal Infections
- Metabolic Disorders (Hyperthyroidism, Liver Disease, Diabetes)
- Commercial Pet Food (Containing Wheat, Corn, Fillers)
- Systemic Infections (Bacteremia, Septicemia)
What Should I Expect on My Initial Visit?
When we see your cat for their initial visit, we will ask you about your cat’s history. Dr. Unz will review this information with you and discuss any previous treatments that have been tried. Then, armed with that information and the results of the physical exam, we will develop appropriate treatment options.
Schedule an Appointment Today with Meows & Purrs Feline Hospital
Avoid treating your pet's skin condition with home remedies or herbal ointments. While some botanical ingredients may be helpful for relieving human skin problems, they can exacerbate cat skin conditions by inflaming infections or severely dehydrated skin. In addition, home remedies for a pet's skin condition may cause an allergic reaction resulting in difficulty breathing or swallowing.
For more information about pet skin issues or to make an appointment with your mobile veterinarian in Broward or Palm Beach County, please call us today at (305) 505-6369!