Cat Dentistry In
Broward & Palm Beach Counties
- Meows & Purrs Feline Hospital offers top-quality cat teeth cleaning appointments at your location.
- When it’s time for your pet’s teeth cleaning, using a top veterinarian who comes to Broward & Palm Beach Counties is the best way to care for your fur baby.
- Dr. Erica Unz is a top veterinarian with extensive experience in cat teeth cleanings.
- We keep your pet feeling safe and comfortable throughout their entire dental appointment.
What is a Teeth Cleaning?
During your cat’s teeth cleaning (sometimes called a prophylaxis), plaque and tartar are removed from a pet’s teeth, and the health of the entire mouth (tongue, gums, lips, and teeth) is assessed. A thorough teeth cleaning can be accomplished only while the pet is under general anesthesia. Anesthesia keeps your pet free of pain during the dental procedure and allows us to fully inspect the teeth and remove tartar from under the gums.
What Our Cat Teeth Cleanings May Include:
- Removal of Visible Plaque and Tartar From the Teeth
- Elimination of Plaque and Tartar From Under the Gum
- Probing of Dental Sockets to Assess Dental Disease
- Polishing to Smooth Enamel Scratches That May Attract Bacteria
- Dental Radiographs (X-Rays) to Evaluate Problems Below the Gumline
- Application of Fluoride or a Dental Sealer
- Removal or Repair of Fractured or Infected Teeth
- Dental Charting So Progression of Dental Disease Can Be Monitored Over Time
- Inspection of the Lips, Tongue, and Entire Mouth for Growths, Wounds, or Other Problems
How Do I Know If My Pet Needs a Teeth Cleaning?
Regular inspection of your pet’s mouth is important to catch dental disease in the early stages. Tartar may appear as a brownish-gold buildup on the teeth, close to the gum line. Redness or bleeding along the gum line may indicate gingivitis
What Are the Benefits of a Cat Teeth Cleaning?
A professional cat dental cleaning removes not only the visible plaque and tartar on the teeth surfaces but also the bacteria under the gums. This eliminates potential sources of infection to the mouth and other organs and protects your pet from pain and tooth loss.
Schedule an Appointment Today with Meows & Purrs Feline Hospital
Our team is excited to help with any questions or concerns you might have about a cat teeth cleaning in Broward or Palm Beach County. Schedule an appointment for a consultation or same-day cleaning today. Call us at (305) 505-6369!